Visitors can be good medicine for patients. Family members and friends are welcome to visit. However, patient care is our primary concern at Citizens Baptist Medical Center. To enhance the quality of care, specific visiting hours and regulations have been established for each special unit. If you need additional information, please check with the nurse on the unit.
10:00 a.m. until 8:00 p.m.
Visiting Hours for the Intensive Care Unit
8:00 a.m., 10:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m., 4:00 p.m., 6:00 p.m., and 8:00 p.m. for 10-minute intervals. After consultation with the nursing staff, some variations to these times may be allowed depending on the condition of the patient.
Visiting Hours for Labor and Delivery
Anytime for labor partner designated by laboring patient. Other visitors are welcome for 10-minute intervals during even hours only. Siblings are allowed if accompanied by an adult. Visitors are asked to remain in the waiting area until it is time to enter your room.
The following are general guidelines for visitors:
- Visitors may not smoke in patient rooms or anywhere in the hospital, except the designated smoking areas.
- Visitors must dress appropriately and must wear shirts and shoes.
- Visitors in semi-private rooms should be considerate of both patients.
- People with colds, sore throats or any contagious diseases should not visit patients.
- Visits should be kept short.
- Visitors should maintain a quiet environment and avoid unnecessary noise.
- Visitors may be asked to leave the room during tests or treatments or when the physician or nurse needs to see the patient.
- Liberal visiting arrangements may be made for families of surgical patients on the day of surgery.
Any personal information about your diagnosis and treatment must come from your physician, and this information is only available to members of your immediate family whom you designate to receive it.
Gifts for Patients
Visitors should check with the nurse before bringing gifts of food or drink to patients. Please check with the nurse to make sure your gift is appropriate. On the intensive care unit, please check with the unit regarding any gifts for patients.
Parking is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. All parking at Citizens Baptist is free. Patients and visitors are cautioned not to park in reserved areas or certain designated areas. Please be sure to lock your car. If something happens which causes you to need assistance to or with your vehicle, please call the hospital operator (0) who will notify the Security Department.
Gift Shop (256) 761-4596
The Gift Shop, staffed by volunteers, is open from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. The shop has gift items, jewelry, magazines, greeting cards, candy, toiletries, and flowers.
The chapel is located on the first floor adjacent to the Emergency Department and the information desk. Visitors of all faiths are welcome to visit the chapel for worship services, prayer and meditation.