Our home infusion services are proudly offered through our partner, ContinuumRx of Central Alabama, LLC, which is a joint venture of Baptist Health System and ContinuumRx, Inc.
What is Home Infusion?
Home infusion therapy helps patients reduce their hospital stay by providing care in the comfort and privacy of the patient's own home. Physicians typically order home infusion services for patients with chronic diseases such as cancer, gastrointestinal (GI) problems, heart failure, immunodeficiency disorders, neuromuscular disorders and serious infections. For patients who need it, home infusion therapy is an important part of discharge planning before leaving the hospital.
The ContinuumRx team works closely with the patient's local physicians and consists of infusion pharmacists, nurses and registered dietitians trained in the specialized area of intravenous (IV) infusion therapy. Patients receive infusion therapy in their home with training and resources to meet their individual needs as well as clinical monitoring by the ContinuumRx team of pharmacists and nurses.
What services are provided?
Working closely with the physician directing the care and other medical professionals, ContinuumRx provides the following services.
- Patient/caregiver training by highly specialized infusion nurses to encourage active participation in the therapy and understanding of the therapeutic goals while at home
- Coordination of an overall home healthcare plan of infusion therapy with the patient's home health nurse
- Emotional support and counseling to ease the transition from hospital to home
- Infusion solutions expertly prepared using state-of-the-art equipment
- Provision of advanced equipment, supply delivery and careful inventory control to ensure that the patient has appropriate supplies on hand at all times
- Nutritional assessments performed by registered dietitians on Total Parenteral Nutrition (TPN) and enteral therapy
- Monitoring of the patient's clinical status and treatment success
- Monitoring of the patient's compliance and tolerance of the therapy using evidence-based guidelines
- Identifying and communicating with the patient's physicians, in a timely manner, any related problems or reactions to facilitate appropriate adjustments
- Processing of claims to Medicare, Medicare HMOs, Medicaid, private insurance companies and other coverage providers
For more information, visit ContinuumRx at www.continuumrx.com.