Rehab Services at Citizens Baptist is comprised of physical and speech therapy. These services help patients return to a more normal, active lifestyle as quickly and efficiently as possible by improving and maximizing physical strength and functioning.
Physical therapy works to relieve pain and promote health through evaluation and treatment of biomedical dysfunction. Each specialized area offers an individualized treatment plan to meet the patients' specific rehabilitation needs. Both inpatient and outpatient rehab services are provided at Citizens Baptist by a trained staff of therapists and therapy assistants.
The physical therapy plan includes an individually designed program for patients of all ages and diagnosis. Physical Therapy can have a dramatic and positive impact on the quality of life for an individual.
Physical therapy includes:
- Therapeutic exercise for strength and mobility training
- Gait training, balance, endurance
- Mobilization of restricted joints, muscles
- Pain management, acute and chronic
- Prosthetic training/neuromuscular re-education
- Therapeutic whirlpool baths
Speech-language pathology involves improving communication and other oral skills. Speech is a very important part of who we are. Stroke may affect a person's ability to speak. Through research and therapeutic techniques, great strides have been made to enhance articulation, muscle function, and language abilities.
Speech therapy includes:
- Receptive communication skills assessment and training
- Expressive communication skills assessment and training
- Alternate methods of communication
- Aphasia treatment
- Dysphasia treatment (swallowing)